Thursday, February 25, 2010

THIRTY-TWO YEARS TOGETHER!


Brent & I celebrated our anniversary yesterday. I can't believe how fast it's gone. Well.......until I stop to think about it. Then it amazes me how much has happened and it does seem like we've been together forever. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just most of my life.

We have had a tremendous ride together. Sometimes it's hard to believe that I am the same person he married all those years ago. I was so insecure with not a great self-image. Then along comes this guy with all this confidence and changes my life. All for the better. Brent has allowed me to grow and make my own decisions. Never making decisions for me, giving me unconditional love and taught me the meaning of trust. I would never had chosen my professional path or done as well as I have done in my life without his encouragement and support.

We have been through wars, military separations of many types, job losses and health crisis' (well, some of those continue). All of which we have faced together and grown stronger as a couple and then as a family. We've raised 3 amazing children and now are blessed to be watching our grandkids come into our lives. Blessed to be a part of their growth and lives. They and the most unbelieveable little people.

We celebrated our anniversary again this year at the Desert Star Playhouse. We have had season tickets for 4 or 5 years now. We love that place. The production going on now is a spoof on Twilight (the movie). It was really funny, even for Brent who doesn't know anything about them. It was that well written. Anyway, about half way into the first act, one of the actors came into the audience a grabbed a couple of guys to help on stage. One of them was Brent! They dressed him up and put him in the classroom scene. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but I don't use it that much, so this is the best I could do. He is right in the middle of the phone with the leather jacket & bird helmet on his head. He did great! And his improv skills were surprising to say the least.

I am so lucky to have this man as my partner in this life. He is my best friend. Thanks honey for putting up with me for so long. Happy 32nd Anniversary and here's to another 32 (or more)! I love you with all my heart.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

congrats to the both of you!!

ReyAn Salisbury said...

I would have loved to see brents acting. Very cool. Congrats and we are glad you had a great day.

Swain Family said...

I seriously wish you had it on video! It sounds like it was a blast! Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!