Sunday, February 7, 2010

January 2010!

A big month for us! On January 15th we welcomed a new granddaughter, Reagan Leigh into the family. This is our daughter Jennie's 3rd child and 1st girl. She is beautiful!!! It was really hard for me to be so far from her during this time, but she had great support from her ward and neighbors. Her husband was able to take about 10 days off to be at home with her and help the boys with the transition. However, those little guys had no problem welcoming their new baby sister home! They absolutely love her!!

I flew down to spend a few days with them and meet this little girl. :) It was great!! I didn't have to share Jen's time with anyone but the kids (& Patrick when he was home). It was so nice. She is such a great mom and I'm so proud of her. We are so grateful for Patrick, too. I sent Patrick and Jennie out on a date night so that they could have some "alone" time. It really was selfish on my part since I got to have "movie night" with the kids and spend the time with just them.

Having them so far is hard. But they have made a great home for their family there. We look forward to many trips down this year. Time went by WAY too fast and it was time for me to come home. I love them and miss them so much!

1 comment:

Swain Family said...

Awwww! I love the pics! Especially that one with Harrison! :) It was really fun having you here, and we really did get a lot of time together just us (and the kids, of course), it was great! I was really glad you got to come! It will be fun to see you again soon... and dad too! :)