Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


In spite of vertigo we managed to have a great Valentine's Day family dinner! The menu included a heart-shaped meatloaf, potatoes (w/ pink sour cream & fucia butter), red jello and pickled beets (which were purple). It was fun. The characters on the table were gifts that Brent & I exchanged. These obnoxious little singing stuffies are a tradition with us. It amazes me that we can keep finding something different every year.


After dinner, we decorated the desert. Sammy & Erica helped me on Saturday night (while their parents went out for their Valentine's date) cut out valentine cookies. Erica cut a few & then lost interest. Sam & I cut out a few dozen.


So, Sunday after dinner, we frosted cookies. Aunt Whitney got very involved & the girls jumped right into it with her.

1 comment:

Swain Family said...

Holy crap! I'm super impressed with the festivities! Of course you have the best Valentine party ever ...after we move! hahaha! And I love the cookies! I need to get me some more cookie cuter shapes! The lips are great!